Friday 6 April 2012

The Plough at Langley

This isn't really a review, just a quick comment or two. We stopped at The Plough at Langley for lunch while we were out and about today, and I'm rather glad we did! It's a lovely old building with a little garden area at the front with half a dozen picnic tables with umbrellas on it where you can sit and watch the world go by. It's one of those places I've always liked the look of, but never actually been to.

Although the interior decor is quite dated, the excellent selection of real ales (including a house ale brewed just done the road in Tonbridge) on offer and a menu of really traditional pub grub classics more than makes up for it.

Dee had ham, eggs & chips. A couple of nice lightly fried eggs on a vast amount of Yorkshire style ham and a pile of fat, crispy chips. Not too imaginative, but very tasty! I think I came out ahead though because I had The Plough Burger, which was just great. A big, juicy, homemade burger in a nice bun with a pile of salad and a handful of chips. It was delicious! As a burger maker of some experience myself, I must say I was impressed. It had a generous amount of herbs mixed in with the beef, giving it an interesting twist and plenty of flavour.

Pick a sunny day, have a pint of something you've never tried before, order a burger (a bargain at just £7.50) and sit out the front. Make sure you grab a proper bottle of ketchup from the bar on the way out though, because the cheap nasty stuff in sachets they give if you sit outside you is awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment